Skills Coach is available for all Culture Amp customers.
TIP: Check out our course to learn more about the content, our tips for rolling it out, and a checklist for success!
What is Skills Coach?
Skills Coach is a new skill-based learning tool for managers that delivers engaging micro-content directly through Slack, Microsoft Teams, or email.
The two minute daily activities transform managers by teaching them key leadership skills. Currently, Skills Coach includes 20 short interactive lessons backed by science that drive results and are easy for managers to use.
To turn on Skills Coach for your account, contact email@example.com.
Those who completed our initial pilot of the Skills Coach program reported:
- 94% improved coaching skills
- 82% improved team vibe, meetings or other outcomes
- 64% of peers noticed an improvement
Once Skills Coach has been turned on for your organization, all users have access to Skills Coach from the main navigation.
- Go to Learning > Skills Coach
- Select start on the skill you would like to launch
- Follow the launch prompts to confirm your timezone and select the time you would like to receive daily notifications
- Congrats! The skill is now launched. From here, start the first activity by clicking Start day 1. If you don’t start right away, you will receive a notification in Slack or by email prompting you to complete the first activity on the next business day.
NOTE: Once a skill is launched, you will receive a daily notification nudge from Culture Amp to complete the next two-minute activity.
Why our People Scientists love it
Skills Coach uses three important components to make it as effective as possible:
- Spaced repetition: Just ask Ebbinghaus, humans forget things quickly. How quickly we forget is a constraint on our ability to learn. By repeating the same concepts, managers are more likely to remember them.
- Experiential learning: Skills Coach ends each lesson with a prompt to try something out with their direct reports. The next day it incorporates reflection questions to help managers experience, reflect, conceptualize, and then experiment some more following Kolb’s Experiential Learning Cycle.
- Reminders: Managers are reminded if they miss a lesson, and sent an afternoon nudge for important exercises. Reminders, while perhaps a bit boring, really do work to help people to change behavior and achieve their goals.
- Skills Coach is available to any Culture Amp customers.
- Skills Coach includes courses on Coaching, Feedback, and Resilience. Learn more about the content in our CAT course.
- Skills Coach daily activities and reminders are delivered through Slack, Microsoft Teams, or email.
- To use Skills Coach through Slack, your organization must have an active Slack integration.
- To use Skills Coach through Microsoft Teams, your organization must have an active Teams integration.
If you have any further questions contact our Support team.
Account admins have the ability to preview Skills Coach before turning it on for your organization. When logged in as an account admin, go to Learning > Skills Coach. You'll see the option to turn on Skills Coach and make it available for all users in your company. To turn on admin-only mode, navigate to Admin > Learning.