|What can I learn from this page?||How to bulk import Individual Goals to the platform|
|Who is this page for?||Performance Admin|
Culture Amp can work with Performance enabled customers (specifically Performance Administrators) to bulk import your users' Individual goals on your Culture Amp account.
We import the goals on your behalf in a formatted CSV file that has been prepared / populated by you. To avoid possible problems with formatting, it is preferred that we receive the file in Excel / Google Sheets format prior to us converting to CSV for import.
Please note that it is recommended best practice to firstly create an individual goal inside the platform prior to sending in your file for upload. This ensures that you can visualize and understand where these fields in the upload will display once they are uploaded into the platform.
- Only Individual goals can be imported in bulk. It is not possible for us to import Company, Department or Team goals in bulk at this time
- Goals can only be created via the bulk import. It is not possible for us to edit or delete existing goals in bulk.
- It is not possible to align Individual goals to Company, Team or Department goals as part of the import process. Alignments should be set on each goal in the platform after the import has been completed
- It is not possible to assign additional goal owners as part of the import process
- It is not possible to assign a Goal Type (i.e Personal or Business type) as part of the import process
- It is not possible to set Key Result additional metrics as part of the import process. Key Results can only be imported with a basic percentage % type current completion rate. (Number # type and / or additional metrics should be set on each goal in the platform after the import has been completed).
Import File Preparation
A template of the file with instructions can be found here (Google Sheet)
Column headers in file (description of values in parentheses below):
name (goal name)
description (goal description)
visibility (options: "owner", "manager", "everyone", "individuals") Case sensitive, no quotation marks
individual_emails(emails for users with goal visibility of "individuals") Must be active users in your account. Emails should be separated by a semicolon (;) Note that the goal owner themselves do not need to be included in this list.
due_at (YYYY-MM-DD) Must be in this format
created_at (YYYY-MM-DD) Must be in this format. Must be current or past date (if future date, it will be ignored and the date added as date of import)
priority (options: 0, 1, 2 - see key below - defaults to 1 if left blank)
status (options: "created", "ongoing", "blocked", "accomplished") Case sensitive, no quotation marks ("created" & "ongoing" will both return as 'In Progress' in the platform)
completion (value between 0.0 and 1.0 (i.e. 0.65 = 65%) Must be only in increments of 5%. Only needs to be populated if no key results are added
key_result_1_title (key result title) It cannot just be number values
key_result_1_completion (value between 0.0 and 1.0 as per 'completion' above)
Additional key results can be added to the import by adding 2 additional columns and incrementing the key result number accordingly. Eg.
key_result_2_title (key result title) It cannot just be number values
key_result_2_completion (value between 0.0 and 1.0 as per 'completion' above)
key_result_3_title (key result title) It cannot just be number values
key_result_3_completion (value between 0.0 and 1.0 as per 'completion' above)
0 = Low
1 = Medium
2 = High
Need further guidance / support? Contact our Product Support Team and we'll be happy help!
#Performance #IndividualGoals #AccountAdministrators #ImportIndividualGoals