What can I learn from this page?
An overview of the Slack App, what's possible with the app and how to use the slash commands to give and receive feedback
Who is this guide for?
This article covers:
- What's possible with the app?
- How to get started using the app
- Use slash commands to give and receive feedback
- What happens to the information you enter in app?
NOTE: To get started using the Culture Amp app for Slack, Culture Amp account admins must first integrate Slack with Culture Amp.
What's possible with the app?
Our app for Slack allows you to use Culture Amp directly in Slack. The following features are currently available with the app:
The app delivers news of survey launches, gentle reminders, and reports and insights for our employee engagement, experience, and effectiveness surveys, making it easier to stay updated on important feedback and development opportunities.
- You're invited to participate in a survey
- Reminders to participate in a survey
- A survey report has been shared with you
- Reminder to view a report
- Reminder to select focus areas
- Reminder to select actions
- Reminder when an action is almost due
- Invitations to the action feedback survey
TIP: Some notifications can be customized.
The app lets you give and receive feedback directly in Slack using slash commands and notifies you of performance cycle launches and reminders.
- You've received feedback
- Your direct report received feedback and selected "share feedback with their manager"
- Someone has requested feedback from you
- Feedback you gave or received is commented on
- Reminders to complete performance reviews
Skills Coach users receive a morning daily prompt for each new day of content after completing the last. A completed day of content is also followed up by an afternoon nudge to check in on their practice for the day.
- Daily course reminders if a course has been started (and only if the user has selected slack as their notification preference)
See: Skills Coach Notifications
NOTE: An EU version of our Slack app for our EU Data Center customers is available for Engagement and will soon be available for Performance
Get started using the app
To get started, go to shortcuts in Slack to connect your Culture Amp account. This will enable notifications from Culture Amp, and if your organization uses Culture Amp Performance, you'll be able to give and receive feedback to colleagues directly in Slack.
- Select the + symbol/lightning bolt icon
- Select either Give feedback or Request feedback, this will trigger the sign in message
- Next, you'll see an option to connect your Culture Amp account
- Follow the prompt to sign into your Culture Amp account
- After signing in, you've now successfully connected your Culture Amp account
If you don't see the Culture Amp app listed in your Slack app directory, your organization's Slack admin may need to first integrate Culture Amp with Slack.
Shortcuts and Slash Commands for Performance
Culture Amp Performance customers can give and receive feedback directly in Slack with the app after installing the app to their Slack workspace. Use the following slash commands and workspace shortcuts to give and receive feedback back while in Slack.
- To use shortcuts, select the + symbol icon
- Select Give feedback or Request feedback
To use slash commands, simply type in the following commands from anywhere in Slack:
- /cultureamp givefeedback to give feedback
- /cultureamp requestfeedback to request feedback
Whether using shortcuts of slash commands, you'll be able to give and receive feedback quickly in Slack.
What happens to the information you enter?
- The recipient will receive a notification in Slack containing your feedback.
- If you choose to do so, the feedback will be shared with their manager in Slack.
- Your feedback will also be added to the recipient’s profile in Culture Amp. It will be visible to you, the recipient and if shared, their manager.
#AccountSettings #Slack #Communications #Notifications