What can I learn from this page?
How to load external and internal benchmarks against your survey results and request demographic level comparisons
Who is this guide for?
Account Admins, Survey Admins, Survey Creators
Culture Amp has *two types of comparisons that you can load, Internal and External comparisons. For help see advice on using comparisons.
TIP: To ensure consistency and accuracy it is best to finalize your survey design before adding comparisons.
To begin, navigate to the Post Launch: Comparisons survey configuration page, which will look like the below if you haven't added any comparisons yet.
2. Decide if you want Internal or External comparisons.
Internal comparison: compare your results to your own company's results.
External comparison: compare your results to one of Culture Amp's benchmarks.
3. Select your desired comparison from the dropdown list, confirm the label and click on 'Add new comparison'
4. Go through the question matching process, matching your survey questions to the comparison questions when they are equal and have the same intent. Unsure if they have the same intent? Learn the 3 changes that we recommend not benchmarking in our Culture Amp Training course or 3 changes that we recommend not benchmarking in our Culture Amp Training course (EU server).
NOTE: Your account may be hosted on our EU server, if so you will notice ".eu." at the start of your account URL. Therefore please use this link to access Culture Amp Training.
5. Once finished matching questions, click on "Add new comparison" at the bottom of the screen
6. Your new comparison will now be shown in the comparisons list on the Comparisons configuration page. Now that you've added a comparison to your survey, you'll be able to rename it, delete it, and reorder it with other comparisons as you need. If you follow the link of the comparison name you'll also be able to view the question matches of that comparison using your comparison list as shown in the image below.
7. Compare internal comparisons: If you've loaded an internal comparison, it will only bring in by default the overall score from the survey. You'll need to click on "Request to compare demographics" in order to bring in scores for your demographics in your survey. This is required in order to show comparison scores as you add demographic filters to your reports.
View Question Matches
Customers are able to see how their survey questions have been matched to any of the currently loaded comparisons. This is helpful when looking through the reports and needing to confirm exactly what the comparison score for a question is.
To view the question matches for a comparison, click on the comparison name and you will see the page below.
Please note that perfect matches will be hidden by default to easily allow you to see where questions have been manually matched or have not been matched at all.
NOTE: Internal same survey comparisons (Hierarchical Comparisons) may also be available for your survey. Further information can be found in our guide here.