There are several different roles a user can have in Culture Amp with varying levels of access to employee information and administration functions.
An Account Administrator in Culture Amp has the highest level of access in the system. The following account-level functions are available only to Account Admins:
- Create surveys
- Maintain user details, including names, email addresses, dates of birth, and demographic information.
- Manage bounced emails sent by Culture Amp
- Invite users to sign in to Culture Amp from within the platform
- Create other Administrators in the account.
- Change account settings, such as the logo and primary contact details
The process for adding an Account Administrator is explained here.
Survey Data Analyst
A Survey Data Analyst is able to extract raw data from surveys for an account (where Raw Data Extracts have been enabled for a survey), and view an Audit Log of all raw data extracts that have been performed on surveys.
The process for adding a Survey Data Analyst is explained here.
A Survey Creator is able to create surveys in addition to having all the survey-level functions of a Survey Administrator, as described below.
Survey Creators can be limited to certain demographic criteria. For example, a Survey Creator in New York could be limited to the ‘Location’ demographic of ‘New York’. When this employee creates a survey, they will only be able to launch that survey and view employee data for New York employees.
The process for adding a Survey Creator is explained here.
The survey creator role has access to all surveys that they have created themselves.
The survey-level functions for a Survey Administrator are as follows, and are also available to Account Admins and Survey Creators:
- Edit surveys and report factors
- Add/Edit participants allowed for a survey
- Edit and schedule emails
- Launch surveys and close surveys
- Resend survey invitation emails
- Reset survey responses
- View all reports, including Action Dashboard report for a survey
- Edit comment classifications for a survey
- Share survey reports
- Set up inspirations for a survey
- Start an exit/onboard process (only applies if exit or onboard surveys have been configured).
- Archive surveys or delete surveys
- Create other Survey Administrators
The process for adding a Survey Administrator is explained here.
For Performance customers, there are also specific Performance administration roles that can be assigned.