Once your survey results are ready to share, you can start thinking about rolling them out to various people within the organization by using the report sharing function.
This article covers:
If you like being ahead of the curve you can even begin setting up access to reports before the survey launches so that managers can monitor and encourage greater participation from their teams once the survey goes live.
Check out our guide to report sharing for more information on how to select the right level of information for your report viewers.
Sharing a summary of the results of an engagement survey with everyone invited to participate is a great way to close the loop, and connect employees with the experiences of the other people they work with. We offer two options for “all results” reports: overall and filtered.
An overall report displays the results of everyone that participated in the survey, and gives you the opportunity to add an annotation. Most companies share overall results in the form of a high-level summary to all of their employees to close the loop on their survey process.
A filtered report is based on an anchor demographic of your choosing. For example, you may want to create a different report for each department.
Then they also provide filtered reports to leaders and managers with the data needed to take action.
TIP: Check out our Culture Amp Training course, Communicate and share, to learn more about presenting results and strategies for sharing.
Create an Overall or Filtered report
- Click Share report
- Select Create an overall report or Create a filtered report
- Update the title and add a description (optional)
- Select an anchor demographic from the drop-down menu (for filtered reports only)
- Choose a report type, Summary, Standard or Advanced
- Summary: a simple breakdown of responses and an optional summary of the key takeaways. Commonly shared with all employees.
- Standard: an exploratory view of the results without getting lost in the details. Commonly shared with Managers.
- Advanced: a deep dive into the results with a comprehensive view of the data. Commonly shared with Exec and HRBPs.
- Select (or exclude) comments: decide if you want report viewers to have access to the Comments report
- Select (or exclude) take action: unselect the checkbox for Take action in the report configuration to remove access to the Action framework.
- Enable filtering in reports: decide if you want people with access to this report to have the ability to filter the results further by other demographics. If so, select all the filters that you want them to use
- To finalize, select Create report
- The report will now show up as unpublished and can be previewed by clicking the eye icon
- To make updates, select More and click Edit configuration. Edits can happen at any time
Create a report annotation
You’ll have the opportunity to add an annotation when creating an overall report. The annotation will show to all report viewers, which is typically all survey participants. A good annotation includes:
- Your high-level takeaways of the results: What are your strengths? What surprised you, if anything? Where are your opportunities?
- What are the organization’s next steps: When will the full results be presented? When will exec be meeting to discuss? When will leaders receive their reports? When will a focus area be determined?
- What you expect from employees/managers: Will teams be selecting their own focus areas? If yes, when should they have that selected by? Should they be getting together to discuss the results?
Keep in mind, your annotation should be about a paragraph long and complement your other communications. Consider what is critical for report viewers to know at the time they are viewing reports.
Don’t forget to preview the report to see where your annotation will sit and how it appears in context with the results. You can also update your annotation as things change. For example, once a focus area is decided.
You can add report viewers to each report individually or in bulk. For bulk, reach out to our Product Support team to receive the CSV file.
Assign report viewers and owners
After you've created your reports, you can give the relevant people access to the employee feedback from their teams and departments, and notify them that they have a report to review or act on. You have the choice to add report viewers and report owners.
A report viewer is a person who needs to view the report, but not necessarily act on it.
A report owners receives emails, reminders, and nudges encouraging them to drive action on the report. If you want to assign responsibility and communicate expectations to a leader to take action on a particular report, then this is a good feature for you.
TIP: You can now create a report, add viewers to it and save it in a draft unpublished state without giving viewers immediate access to it. This means you can prepare reports ahead of time, waiting until you are ready to publish the report and notify recipients.
Give report viewers access to reports
You can give people access to reports in two ways:
- By adding them to individual reports, through our platform
- By working with our support team to upload a spreadsheet identifying which viewers should have access to specific reports
To give people access to reports through our platform:
- Select the report for which you would like to add viewers.
- Preview a created report by clicking View Reports (the eye icon) to get an idea of the data within the report
- Click Add users (the person icon) for the report to which you'd like to add people
- In the text box, select all of the users you would like to add as viewers to the report. You can find a specific user by typing part of the user's name to filter the list of users. To add all participants included in the report as viewers select Add Participants.
- As an optional step, you can assign Report Ownership to a report viewer by clicking on the ellipsis of the row and choosing Make Report Owner.
- Click Save
TIP: If Unreportable appears next to the report, the group size for the report is less than the Reporting Group Minimum set for the survey, and therefore the data within the report cannot be shared. You won't be able to add users to these reports.
Notify individuals that they have access to a report
There are 3 ways to notify individuals that they have access to a report:
- Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
- Notifying report owners through the Culture Amp platform
- Send an email outside of the platform
Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added viewers to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report viewers.
- We will send a reminder to users that have not opened their report one week after the initial notification.
- Once you have sent the initial notification, the notify new user button will have a drop-down option: Resend to all users.
- Selecting the Resend to all users button notifies all users who have access to the report.
- If the report is still not opened we will not send an additional reminder email.
For report viewers, the notification will include a link to the report. If the individual has never logged into the platform, and your company doesn't currently use Single Sign-On, the email will also provide a link for creating a password to access the platform.
NOTE: Administrators cannot modify the default text of the email. The email text will include your account and survey name.
Email to Report viewers:
Notify report owners through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added a report owner to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report owners. They will receive an email encouraging them to discuss the results with their team, collaborate on solutions, and commit to actions. This is limited to a single person to ensure clear ownership of action.
- If no focus area is selected on the report after two weeks, a reminder email will be automatically sent to the report owner. This message content is currently not customizable.
Notify individuals outside the Culture Amp platform
If notifying individuals in bulk with your own email, we recommend: