What can I learn from this page?
How to create and share reports for your survey
Who is this guide for?
Account Admins, Survey Admins, Survey Creators
Once your survey results are ready to share, you can start thinking about rolling them out to various people within the organization by using the report sharing function.
This article covers:
If you like being ahead of the curve you can even begin setting up access to reports before the survey launches so that managers can monitor and encourage greater participation from their teams once the survey goes live.
Check out our guide to report sharing for more information on how to select the right level of information for your report viewers.
Sharing a survey summary of the results of an engagement survey with everyone invited to participate is a great way to close the loop, and connect employees with the experiences of the other people they work with. We offer two options for “all results” reports: survey summary and filtered.
Survey Summary Report
The survey summary report is available for Engagement surveys and is an acknowledgement of effort, and a high level summary of the results, which should be shared with every employee invited to your survey.
See: Survey Summary for more on how to create and share this type of report
A filtered report is based on an anchor demographic of your choosing. For example, you may want to create a different report for each department.
Then they also provide filtered reports to leaders and managers with the data needed to take action.
TIP: Check out our Culture Amp Training course, Communicate and share, to learn more about presenting results and strategies for sharing.
NOTE: Your account may be hosted on our EU server, if so you will notice ".eu." at the start of your account URL. For customers on our EU server, please use this link.
Create a Filtered report
- From your surveys configuration page click into the sharing tab,
- Select Create a filtered report
- Update the title and add a description (optional)
- Select an anchor demographic from the drop-down menu (for filtered reports only)
- Choose a report type, Summary, Standard or Advanced
- Summary: a simple breakdown of responses and an optional summary of the key takeaways. Commonly shared with all employees. Please note that this report type is different to the Survey Summary report mentioned earlier
- Standard: an exploratory view of the results without getting lost in the details. Commonly shared with Managers.
- Advanced: a deep dive into the results with a comprehensive view of the data. Commonly shared with Exec and HRBPs.
- Select (or exclude) comments: decide if you want report viewers to have access to the Comments report
- Select (or exclude) take action: unselect the checkbox for Take action in the report configuration to remove access to the Action framework.
- Enable filtering in reports: decide if you want people with access to this report to have the ability to filter the results further by other demographics. If so, select all the filters that you want them to use
- To finalize, select Create report
- The report will now show up as unpublished and can be previewed by clicking the eye icon
- To make updates, select More and click Edit configuration. Edits can happen at any time
You can add report viewers to each report individually or in bulk. For bulk, reach out to our Product Support team to receive the CSV file.
Assign report viewers and owners
After you've created your reports, you can give the relevant people access to the employee feedback from their teams and departments, and notify them that they have a report to review or act on. You have the choice to add report viewers and report owners.
A report viewer is a person who needs to view the report, but not necessarily act on it.
A report owners receives emails, reminders, and nudges encouraging them to drive action on the report. If you want to assign responsibility and communicate expectations to a leader to take action on a particular report, then this is a good feature for you.
TIP: You can now create a report, add viewers to it and save it in a draft unpublished state without giving viewers immediate access to it. This means you can prepare reports ahead of time, waiting until you are ready to publish the report and notify recipients.
Give report viewers access to reports
You can give people access to reports in two ways:
- By adding them to individual reports, through our platform
- By working with our support team to upload a spreadsheet identifying which viewers should have access to specific reports
To give people access to reports through our platform:
- Select the report for which you would like to add viewers.
- Preview a created report by clicking View Reports (the eye icon) to get an idea of the data within the report
- Click Add users (the person icon) for the report to which you'd like to add people
- In the text box, select all of the users you would like to add as viewers to the report. You can find a specific user by typing part of the user's name to filter the list of users. To add all participants included in the report as viewers select Add Participants.
Please note that the "Add participants" feature is currently subject to a participant number threshold. If there are more than 1500 participants in a reporting group, the "add participants" option will not be displayed. For assistance with uploading report sharing permissions in bulk, please refer to our guide here.
- As an optional step, you can assign Report Ownership to a report viewer by clicking on the ellipsis of the row and choosing Make Report Owner.
- Click Save
TIP: If Unreportable appears next to the report, the group size for the report is less than the Reporting Group Minimum set for the survey, and therefore the data within the report cannot be shared. You won't be able to add users to these reports.
When sharing your reports, you can also choose to export to CSV the list of participants for specific reports:
Notify individuals that they have access to a report
There are 3 ways to notify individuals that they have access to a report:
- Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
- Notifying report owners through the Culture Amp platform
- Send an email outside of the platform
Notifying report viewers through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added viewers to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
Note: When the number of report viewers exceeds 800, the message that appears when you click on “publish and notify’ button displays the figures as -1
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report viewers.
- We will send a reminder to users that have not opened their report one week after the initial notification.
- Once you have sent the initial notification, the notify new user button will have a drop-down option: Resend to all users.
- Selecting the Resend to all users button notifies all users who have access to the report.
- If the report is still not opened we will not send an additional reminder email.
For report viewers, the notification will include a link to the report. If the individual has never logged into the platform, and your company doesn't currently use Single Sign-On, the email will also provide a link for creating a password to access the platform.
NOTE: Administrators cannot modify the default text of the email. The email text will include your account and survey name.
Email to Report viewers:
Notifying report owners through the Culture Amp platform
After you've added a report owner to a report:
- Click Publish and notify
- Once you have confirmed that you would like to publish and notify, a notification will be sent to the report owners. They will receive an email encouraging them to discuss the results with their team, collaborate on solutions, and commit to actions. This is limited to a single person to ensure clear ownership of action.
- If no focus area is selected on the report within two weeks of it being viewed, a reminder email will be automatically sent to the report owner. This message content is currently not customizable.
Adding more report viewers/owners
When adding more report viewers/owners to published reports (or triggering notifications for the first time to reports where 'Publish without notifying' was used), if
- a report has <800 access grants, the number of viewers/new viewers will be included on the notify button, like this example:
- a report has >800 access grants, the notify button will not include the number of viewers/new viewers and will remain live even after the notifications have been triggered, like this example:
The 'Preview notifications' option will provide you with a complete breakdown of new and existing report viewers/owners and an example of what the notifications will look like:
Notify individuals outside the Culture Amp platform
If notifying individuals in bulk with your own email, we recommend:
- Asking viewers to set a password if they had not previously signed in to Culture Amp
- Asking viewers to sign in to our platform to view their reports
- Sharing any important overall themes and instructions
Duplicate reports for new surveys
When you duplicate a survey, the shared reports & report recipients from the original survey are also duplicated. All reports will be duplicated into draft (unpublished) state.
This means that if you have already set up demographic reports and assigned viewers for one survey, you can reuse these in your next survey with a few clicks.
#Engagement #Experience #Effectiveness #Attributed #Unattributed #Continuous #ManagerEffectiveness #TeamEffectiveness #Sharing #ReportSharingConfiguration