Notifying viewers of access
There are three ways to notify individuals that they have access to a report:
- Use the Culture Amp platform to send notifications to users via Sharing Report
- Use the Culture Amp platform to send an email to a user via Account Admin
- Send an email outside of the platform
1. Sharing Report Notification
Once a survey has closed and there are results to share, it is possible to trigger an email to a Culture Amp user inviting them to access their report. This would be the most efficient way to share access to reports for multiple viewers.
After reports are created and users have been added as viewers:
- For each report, click Notify Viewers
- In the window, click Notify All Viewers to send an email to everyone who is a viewer of a report (even if they've been previously emailed) or click Notify New Viewers to send an email to only those viewers who have been added since you last sent a notification
The email sent to viewers will include a link to the report. If the individual has never logged into the platform and your company doesn't currently use Single Sign-On, the viewer will be prompted to create a password to access the platform. The link only lasts for five days.
NOTE: The content is the default text and cannot be modified. The email will include your survey name.
For users who have never logged into the platform before and Single Sign-On is disabled, they will be prompted to create a password.
2. User Account Notification
When making users an Account Administrator, the invite step is not required. They are already emailed with details of how to set up a password.
If you've run a survey before and people have already set a password and signed in, they don't need to be invited again. They'll just see the new survey appear on their Surveys page in the system.
If you have Single Sign-On (SSO) configured, users don't need to set a password at all! They'll still want an email or communication letting them know that the reports are ready.
To invite a user
- Click on the Settings button
- Locate the user in the list, or use the Search box to type part of the person's name or email address
- Hover over the user's paper plane icon to display the Invite link
- Click Invite button to confirm
The person will receive an email like the one below:
NOTE: The content is the default text and cannot be modified. The link only lasts for five days.
3. Customized Email Notification
If you need to invite several people to sign in, we recommend creating your own email and providing more details about your reports, what to do next, and where to get help. This is an email template that you could consider using:
The results from our recent survey are now available for you to review. Overall there are some interesting themes: List any themes here that you'd like to call out.
This should be anything that you particularly want your managers to take note of in their own reports. You have been given access to view results for your area.
To get started you'll need to configure your password. Please provide your email address on the following page to setup your access: Set my password
Once you've set up your password for the first time, you can sign in to Culture Amp using the Sign In link on Culture Amp's website: www.cultureamp.com.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Click here to find out how to assign the role of account administrator (power users that can make changes to the account, add/remove users, create surveys, and view all results). Click here to find out how to assign the role of survey administrator (create and modify particular surveys).