What can I learn from this page?
A guide for importing custom inspiration in bulk
Who is this guide for?
Account Admins, Survey Admins, Survey Creators
Culture Amp are able to help you tailor your inspiration engine for a particular survey via a bulk import process (Excel/CSV).
If you have a large amount of edits you'd like to make to the inspiration engine for a particular survey, simply reach out to our Product Support Team and ask for the Inspiration export from your survey.
Inspiration exports and imports can be actioned by the Culture Amp team at any point after your survey design is complete (Draft, Live, Closed).
After reviewing the information below, populate the file and send it back to Product Support. We'll then be in touch with the next steps.
Table of contents
- Culture Amp inspirations cannot be deleted
- If you do not want Culture Amp inspirations to be made available, you will need to head to the Inspirations page in the survey and untick the check box under the Mapped column
- Custom inspirations can be bulk uploaded and deleted based on whether they are included in the import or not.
- If Custom Inspirations are not in the spreadsheet they will be deleted
- Custom inspirations can be manually deleted
- Custom inspirations can also be unmapped if they have been uploaded for a survey
- The import replaces and is not additive
- Inspiration imports can be completed at any point after your survey design is complete (Draft, Live, Closed).
- Inspiration Title - 44 characters incl. spaces
- Inspiration Excerpt - 78 characters incl. spaces
- Inspiration Description - 5000 characters incl. spaces. Links can be inserted using markdown: [link text](https://www.google.com)
Preparation of your file
After you've received the Inspiration Export for your particular survey from our Product Support Team your template will look similar to below:
Column headers in file (description of values in parentheses below):
- Id (unique Id associated with the question shown in column B) *If adding multiple inspirations for the same question, add a new row(s) for each inspiration and be sure to copy the Id exactly as per the original.
- Question text (survey question the inspiration will be associated with)
- Inspiration title (should be 2 - 5 words that serve as a label. Character limit = 44 characters incl. spaces). Example: Peer Recognition
- Inspiration excerpt (should be 5 - 7 words that briefly describe the action. Character limit 78 characters incl. spaces). Example: Employees nominate individuals who exemplify company values.....
- Inspiration description (should be 60-80 words, beginning with a verb (e.g. Start, Implement, Organise) and in present tense, forward-looking language. State the action FIRST and then FOLLOW UP with descriptive content). Character limit 5000 characters incl. spaces. Example: Enable employees to recognise peers for exemplifying company values. One company issues awards for living the values. Employees nominate individuals whose behaviours demonstrate one of the company values.....
*Links can be inserted using markdown: [link text](https://www.google.com)
- Inspiration partner code (if populated please disregard but leave in situ; internal use only. Leave blank otherwise)
- Inspiration Id (if populated please disregard but leave in situ; internal use only. Leave blank otherwise)
- Culture Amp inspirations cannot be deleted. If you do not want Culture Amp inspirations to be made available, you will need to head to the Inspirations page in the survey and untick the check box under the Mapped column
- The import replaces and is not additive; if existing custom inspirations are not in the spreadsheet they will be deleted
Multiple language support
If your survey results are available in multiple languages and you'd like to provide translations for your custom inspirations, please visit our guide here after completion of the above.
Need further guidance / support? Contact our Product Support Team and we'll be happy help!
#Engagement #Attributed #ImportTranslationFiles