What can I learn from this page?
A guide to creating successful employee experiences using our available tools
Who is this guide for?
An organization’s success is dependent on successful managers who contribute to a positive employee experience, and HR plays a key role in enabling those managers. The future of work is a world where the employee experience is co-created between the people team, managers, and employees. By building a strong partnership, you have an opportunity to create a positive ‘ripple effect’ of change at every level of your organization. But to do this, employees need the right tools to be able to take initiative and contribute to your organization’s success.
To amplify your employee experience, employees, enabled by your team’s work, improve their own experience through:
- developing and refining skills
- having meaningful 1-on-1s
- creating aligned goals
- learning faster through continuous feedback.
Culture Amp created a unique collection of easy-to-implement capabilities to do just that.
“The big initiative that I had in 2021 was manager training. We did a ton of research of meeting with different managers figuring out what skills they wanted to develop.
…it’s been really useful to have Culture Amp as a tool that managers and our folks can use for a variety of different things. Folks are going into Culture Amp multiple times a week to do 1-on-1s, to do Skills Coach [Courses], [to use] Playbooks. It just becomes a regular tool that they use.”
– Haley Hammond, Learning and Development Manager, M1
To get started, register for our Amplify your employees’ day-to-day experience (EU link) learning path on Culture Amp Training to better understand how these tools work together to drive change. After you have reviewed the learning path, this guide will walk you through the resources and tools you need to equip managers to lead in today’s work environment and have a greater, positive impact on their teams.
To help you on your journey, we have created multiple enablement assets for you to use. You will also see these assets linked in your future lessons.
- Amplify Employee Experiences: Customer Enablement Deck
- Introduce and enable leaders, managers, and/or employees to use 1-on-1s, Goals, Skills Coach and/or Continuous Feedback and show them the impact on the organization
- Internal communications templates
- Leverage these email and flow of work templates to announce and encourage adoption of Goals, 1-on-1s, Continuous Feedback, and Skills Coach.
- Quick Reference Guides
- Use these guides as a quick reference when running 1-on-1s or delivering Continuous Feedback.
- Skills Coach Poster
- Announce Skills Coach to your company by placing these posters around the office to encourage adoption.
Skills Coach and Playbooks
Skills Coach is a skill-based learning tool for managers that delivers engaging micro-content directly through Slack, Microsoft Teams, or email. Created in partnership with LifeLabs Learning, Skills Coach helps drive new behaviors to transform managers and employees by teaching them the important skills they need.
Managers can use Playbooks as a standalone library of ideas, videos and downloadable resources and bookmark their favorite ideas to implement or refer back to later. Content written by Culture Amp’s People Scientists and partners like LifeLabs Learning, have helped train thousands of managers across the world.
- Learn more about Skills Coach
- Welcome to Playbooks
- Amplify Training Course: Leverage Skills Coach (EU Link)
1-on-1s give managers and employees the opportunity to talk honestly about things that impact their work and experiences, challenges they face, what is working, how they are doing, and their work relationships. Designed by our organizational psychology experts and team of people scientists, these meaningful and continuous conversations drive performance, productivity, and engagement.
- Learn more about 1-on-1 Conversations
- 1-on-1 participation report for administrators
- Amplify Training Course: Launch 1on1 Conversations (EU Link)
One of the most powerful ways to enhance performance and drive success is through the effective use and alignment of goals. Goals form the backbone of the performance management and employee development processes and are one of the most important motivational tools positively affecting performance in organizations.
- The science behind goals
- Guide to create and track goals
- Guide to populating Individual Goals Import template
- Goals in Performance
- Update and track goal progress
- Create team goals in Performance
- Admin's dashboard for managing goals
- Align goals to higher order goals
- Goal digest email in Performance
- Amplify Training Course: Launch Goals in your organization (EU Link)
One of the top five reasons employees leave a company is the inability to learn and grow. Feedback allows managers to help employees align their skills or competencies to career needs while also accelerating business change. Employees can easily give and request feedback on core skills on an ongoing basis directly in their flow of work.
- The science behind team-based feedback feedback
- How to give/request feedback
- Skills Summary
- Guide to populating Skills Import templates
- Guide to Continuous Feedback template customisation
- Share feedback received in Performance
- Request peer feedback
- Team summary in Performance
- Open peer-to-peer feedback
- Amplify Training Course: Leverage Continuous Feedback (EU Link)
Here are some additional help articles that might benefit you on your journey.
- Add your hierarchy
- Chrome browser extension for Performance
- Install Culture Amp app for Slack
- Install Microsoft Teams for your organization
- Blog post(s)
- Helping managers navigate the new world of work
- 4 coaching strategies for managers from Skills Coach
- Learn how to use the product with on-demand courses (EU link) and live training (EU link)
- Connect with your peers in the Culture Amp Community
Keep up to date with our Webinars, Resources, and Blog
#Performance #ContinuousFeedback #SkillsCoach #Playbooks #Goals #1on1 #CultureAmpTraining