What can I learn from this page?
How to sync Culture Amp with your HRIS data
Who is this guide for?
You can integrate Culture Amp with your HRIS to automatically sync / transfer data between the two platforms. This page has everything you need to know about the process of setting up and using a native HRIS or SFTP integration
Here is what you will find in this support guide:
- Benefits of an HRIS integration
- Integration options - Native integrations
- Integration options - SFTP
Benefits of an HRIS / SFTP integration
Good insights start with good data. In order to make the most of Culture Amp, it’s important to have accurate, up-to-date information about your employees in the platform.
There are two ways to update your data in Culture Amp. You can manually import data using an XLSX or CSV document, or you can sync Culture Amp with your HRIS via a native integration or SFTP integration.
We strongly recommend an HRIS / SFTP integration as it will allow you to take full advantage of the Culture Amp platform. With an HRIS / SFTP integration, you’ll be able to:
- Make regular surveying via pulsing and lifecycle surveys incredibly easy
- Improve the quality of your insights by ensuring your data is correct and up-to-date
- Easily distribute insights to the right people using hierarchy and reporting line information
- Share the workload around collecting and understanding on feedback
HRIS / SFTP integrations are also very flexible; they allow you to choose between automatic daily syncs or manual syncs at a time of your choosing (*Native HRIS integration automation + manual sync is initiated in Culture Amp. SFTP integration automation + manual transfer is initiated on HRIS / SFTP platform side).
You’re also not limited to the data in your HRIS, you can supplement your data by manually adding additional demographics in Culture Amp.
We offer native integrations with BambooHR, Namely, Personio, Workday, Gusto, HiBob, and Ceridian.
Setting up an HRIS integration may require assistance from your HRIS Admin / Consultant or IT Team. We've provided specific guides below for each supported HRIS:
- How to integrate with BambooHR
- How to integrate with Namely
- How to integrate with Personio
- How to integrate with Workday
- How to integrate with Gusto
- How to integrate with HiBob
- How to integrate with Ceridian
- How to integrate with Elmo
If you use an HRIS not mentioned above in the Native integrations, you may still be able to integrate with Culture Amp using Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
SFTP allows you to securely transfer data from one place (like your HRIS) to another (like Culture Amp). If your HRIS has a built-in SFTP client, SFTP will allow you to automatically sync your data and ensure Culture Amp is always up to date.
Culture Amp maintains a receiving SFTP server that can be connected to from your HRIS provider or a SFTP client and a file sent using the protocol that we will process.
Employee data files sent to Culture Amp via SFTP will be processed using our partial import process, allowing you to safely decentralize employee data management across your organization. Once files are successfully imported via SFTP, you’ll see added/updated employee details in the Users page of your account.
Setting up an SFTP integration will likely require assistance from your IT Team and/or your HRIS/Payroll provider. We've provided detailed technical instructions and troubleshooting steps that you can provide to them, as well as specific guides below for each of the HRIS our customers have successfully integrated with:
- SAP SuccessFactors
- Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG)
- Custom SFTP (via external SFTP client such as Filezilla)
Depending on your HRIS / SFTP platform, you may also need to loop in your HRIS representative or IT Team for assistance. Our Product Support team are also happy to assist with any questions you might have and we've also answered some Frequently Asked Questions about SFTP in this guide.
My HRIS/Payroll provider is not on this list. How do I know if my provider supports SFTP?
You may need to reach out to a representative from your HRIS/Payroll provider to confirm that they can send Employee data to our server via SFTP. The requirements that they will need to confirm are:
- A file of all required employee data can be generated and sent via SFTP to a custom server. Column name recommendations can be found in the template listed here with instructions.
- The file can be generated and sent in CSV/XLSX format via that connection. Please note that CSV's must be with UTF-8 encoding and the separator a comma (,).
- The connection can be secured via an SSH key pair. We do not support password or SSH2 key methods for authentication.
If these primary requirements are met by your provider, they will be able to send Employee Data to Culture Amp via SFTP. If they require any further detailed instructions, those can be found here: detailed technical instructions and troubleshooting steps
#AccountSettings #BambooHR #Ceridian #Gusto #HiBob #Personio #SFTP #ImportUsers